Translate The Content in Your Local Language

Sunday 22 May 2016

CBSE: Differently abled Varanasi girl scores 91%, says inspired by Modi - VARANASI





A differently abled student, who drew inspiration from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to score an impressive 91.04% marks in the CBSE class 12 exams, wants to become either an “IAS officer or an economist”.
A student of Glorious Academy in Varanasi, Sumedha Pathak lost movement in both her legs two years ago after an infection in the spine. Varanasi is also the Lok Sabha constituency of Modi.
The physical challenge, however, did not deter Sumedha, whose name translates to wise in Hindi.
“I dream big. I can’t let anything take over them. What was destined had already happened. There is no use of looking back now. I would work hard to achieve my goal,” she said on Saturday after the results were announced.
Helped by her father Brijesh Chandra Pathak, who used to drop her at school and pick her up later, Sumedha studied five to six hours a day to achieve her goal.

Sumedha with her family members. 














She also dreams of becoming the governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and see her signature on Indian currency notes.
“I like accountancy and economics. I want to work round-the-clock for my nation after completing my education. First of all, I will prepare for civil services exam. In case, I am selected, I will work to improve facilities for physically challenged persons,” Sumedha said.
Giving credit to her parents for her success, Sumedha said she drew inspiration from Modi.
“Modi is different. He is working tirelessly for the country. I have heard that he sleeps only for three to four hours a day. (The) PM is taking initiative for every section and schemes launched by him will definitely yield results,” she said.
He father said that she never misses any opportunity to listen to Modi speak on radio or television.
“My journey is going on and it has certainly to go a long way,” Sumedha added.




Source : Hindustan Times , 21st May 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment