Translate The Content in Your Local Language

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Promising body builder struggles to realize his dreams : Mangalore

He has won the Mr India title and won at least 25 prizes in body building shows. Yet, there is a question mark over the future of JagadishPoojari, 27, who is physically challenged.
Jagadish, who made the state proud by winning national body building events, has knocked at the doors of many for a government job. However, he is yet to get a positive response from the government despite having passed ITI and computer courses.


Physical deformity and poverty did not deter Jagadish from dreaming big in body building. He works out for hours at a city-based gymnasium under the guidance of instructors Sandeep and Ajay. He has competed in more than 25 national, state and district-level events and has been honoured on more than 75 occasions.

Jagadish, born to Yamuna and Lingappa of Adyarupadavu (on the outskirts of the city), struggles to take part in the national events. Many a time, he participates with the help of his friends and well-wishers.


Jagadish told TOI that he missed international events twice. "Though I was selected to take part in international events, I could not make it due to financial constraints. My gym and friends lend a helping hand whenever I face difficulty to take part in national events," he said.

"It is necessary for a body builder to have sufficient quantity of nutritious food. Meanwhile, I have to look after my dependants at home too. I have no sponsors to take care of my expenses as an athlete. I can fulfill my dreams to take part in international events if the government provides me a job considering my talent," Jagadish said.


Having commenced his success saga by bagging the 'Mister Dakshina Kannada' award in 2006, Jagadish has since gone on to win several national and state laurels in Mister India, Mister South India, Mister Karnataka, Mister Dakshina Kannada, Mister Kasargod etc.



Source : TOI , 8th July 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment