Translate The Content in Your Local Language

Friday 14 June 2013

Physically challenged from Kashmir , waits for ex-CM : Farooq Abdullah to fulfill promise


Physically challenged waits for ex-CM to fulfill promise 
           Physically challenged waits for ex-CM to fulfill promise



‘Farooq assured me job in 1987’ :

Even after the assurances from former Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah, a physically-challenged degree holder, handicapped due to the negligence of doctors, is yet to be employed.

Ashiq Ahmad Wani, 28 from Noorbagh Qamarwari is running from pillar to post in order to get justice promised to him by authorities back in 1987.

Born on February 2, 1985 Wani lost his hand due to negligence of doctors at Children’s (GB Panth) hospital Srinagar, when he was admitted to get treatment for fever after two years of his birth.

“Doctors injected some fluid in me which had adverse affect on my health and I had to sacrifice my hand to save my life,” Wani narrates.



While quoting his parents Wani says, “After doctors have injected fluid inside my body, it had a bad affect on my body, leaving no option for my parents than to sacrifice my hand. Doctors later amputated my left hand to save my life,” Wani said.



“I don’t remember the exact scene but, came to know about it later, when my parents narrated the agonizing tale of my hard time I spent in hospital.”



Pertinently, the then Chief Minister Dr. Farooq Abdullah offered his parents an amount of Rs 10,000 for treatment of their son and also assured to provide a job to their son under handicapped category after he will be 18.



“But the promise was never fulfilled. I am now 28 years old and still unemployed,” Wani laments.


“I want to give a reminder to Dr. Farooq Abdullah to look in the past and recall what he had promised to my parents.”



Notably, on January 6, 2013, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah made an announcement at a function that at least 80,000 posts were vacant in various government departments that would be filled on fast-track basis. The figure was reiterated by Finance Minister Abdur Rahim Rather in the last Budget session in Jammu as well.



“These are all tactics to lure the masses. I am the victim of this pain. I was also assured of government job, but nothing happened on grounds,” Wani said.



Moreover, despite being dejected with the government’s indifferent attitude, the handicapped youth didn’t give up to continue his studies. Wani has finished M.Com degree from Kashmir University in 2010.



“After completing my 12th class in 2002, I was sure that I will be provided government job under handicapped category, as CM had assured me, but it was nothing more than a broken promise.”



Interestingly, the concerned MLA, Mubarak Gul, who is presently Speaker of Legislative Assembly, has also intervened and recommended a job for the handicapped youth.



“He (Gul) also assured me of a government job under handicapped category. But this was also a futile exercise,” Wani says while showing documents stored in his folder.



Despite facing dejection from all quarters of state government, the handicapped Wani is still struggling hard to fight for justice promised to him when he was an infant.



“I have become a burden on my parents. I won’t give up till last moment. I am killing my time at home. My future has been destroyed.”

Urging Chief Minister to address the issue he said, “I request CM to help me in this regard. Irony is that I am not given any chance to meet CM in person. I would have narrated him agonizing tale of my life.”

Source : Rising Kashmir , 13th June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment