- To provide full participation, total access, economic and social integration of person with disabilities
- To augment the life of person with disabilities by assisting them to identify and enrich their potentials and goals.
- To foster self-development and self-reliance of person with disabilities through ICT training and Employability skill.
- To advocate and empower the person with disabilities for equal
opportunities at all levels in education, economic, social, political,
cultural and civil spheres.
- To mainstream and institutionalize Rights of the Differently Abled through sensitization and awareness programmes.
- To lobby to incorporate the Rights of the person with disabilities in development policies and programmes.
- To create a platform for the person with disabilities to express their needs and exhibit their potentials.
- Facilitate admission of person with disabilities in various courses;
- Provide guidance and counselling to differently abled individuals;
- Create awareness about the needs of person with disabilities, and other general issues concerning their learning; and
- Assist differently-abled graduates to gain successful employment in the public as well as private sectors. The special unit may be coordinated by a faculty member to be nominated by the head of the institution.
- To develop a university policy to address issues faced by the differently abled persons (for students and employees).
- Advise the university authority on the formulation of policies,
programmes and projects with respect to differently abled persons (for
students and employees).
- Take up the cause of the differently abled persons with concerned authorities, institutes and organizations.
- Take steps to ensure safe, healthy and barrier free environment in
hostels, libraries, academic buildings, administrative buildings, roads,
pedestrian ways, canteens, gardens, shopping complex and other public
places and utilities.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of policies and programmes designed
for achieving equality and full participation of the differently abled
persons in the university life.
- To develop and arrange new assistive devices, teaching aids,
special teaching materials or such other item as are necessary to give
the specially abled students equal opportunity for learning and growing.
- Supervise and restructuring the curriculum for the requirements and benefit of specially abled students.
- To monitor the implementation of guidelines for conducting written
examination for differently abled persons framed by the Ministry of
Social Justice and Empowerment, Department of Disabilities Affairs.
- To formulate, review and implement policies for scholarships, economic assistance for the differently abled students.
- To organize cultural and sports activities for socialization of the differently abled students.
- To provide counselling to prospective and present students on educational programmes, courses and employment opportunities.
Calendar of Activities
- Dr. Sarika Sharma
- Mr. Rakesh Meena
- Mr. Paramjeet Singh
- Mr. Rajesh Bansal
- Students Member
Source : Central University of Haryana